Tuesday, April 26, 2011


This is my second out of five last quarter projects. This project was inspired by a book I bought by Jason Munn. Munn created concert posters for bands and used a minimalist approach. Along with that he tries to make the picture relate to the band name. I'm very happy with how it turned out but was surprised with how hard it was to think of a clever idea. If I were to do the project again I'd either try to think of a more clever idea or make a picture that used less colors and had less objects in it. Munn's book showed that the art of concert pictures from the sixties isn't dead. The picture itself wasn't difficult to make but allowed me to learn to focus on the planning process of art, something I tend to overlook. This should be the first of many posters I hope to make in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment